Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September 1, 2014

Hi family, You must be camping or something right now, I hope you’re having fun! This last week was pretty good, we had Zone conference talked about a talk by Elder Uchdorf, fear not, I am with thee. It was really good. We also talked about working with the members, if you don't know the missionaries who are in your ward by name you should have them over even if it’s just for lunch or something. We had like all of our appointments fall thru this last week.. It's always the pits but hopefully this upcoming week will be a little better. Satan works hard too ya know! One cool thing happened this last week, one day I was talking with Elder Ashcraft about talking with everyone, something he was struggling with and so I decided we would knock a few doors so he could practice talking to people, well we knocked like 8 doors and they all either got shut in our faces or no one answered then a guy opened the door and said do you want to come in? So we taught him the restoration, I was super quite so it would help him open up and it was neat to see him gain more confidence as we went along! Reading the book of Mormon has been great, I'm just at the end of second Nephi and have already learned so much from going through it again. It's amazing to me to recognize all the prophesies of the restoration/last days/Book of Mormon/ second coming/millennium. We are in the middle of it! It's pretty crazy when you slow down and think about it. Here’s my scripture 2 Nephi 28:30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have. Have a good week! Love Elder Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment