Monday, March 2, 2015

February 2, 2015

This week was good, I forgot my last month’s planner that I use as my memory... so don't remember too much. Here's what I do remember. We went on exchanges, I went with the Spanish Elders, it was pretty fun, in the morning we moved some guy from Poland (they don't speak Spanish) and he had a huge grand piano and a small door and a tall u-haul. It worked out though, it was fun to be on bike for the day. The other unique part of the day was the evening, one of the Elders was asked to return to an old area and perform a baptism, and luckily for me it was right next to my old area so there was a lot of good memories. We were contacting referrals one night and felt prompted to knock on a random door, it turned out to be the right door, a young father named Adrian who really needed us to stop by. You could tell he has had a rough rough life so far and before we finished our lesson he broke down into tears and was sobbing. Because of the Super Bowl we spent some time contacting people in downtown Scottsdale this week, it was pretty fun, one guy bought us expensive gelato and we had quite the chat with him. We may go back this week because the Phoenix open is still going on. Church was pretty slow, we only Erick and one other investigator who is not really progressing there. Erick is doing great though! We had a lesson with his family last night (luckily Micronesian's don't seem to be football fans), they didn't make it to church due to a late night with the baby and being really tired. Testimony meeting was pretty good, there was another church youth group who visited our sacrament (Unitarian) so we had 3 rows of visitors. I bore my testimony. We had some really good lessons, one with Imran and Virginia, a family we went to the open house with a while ago, sadly they are going to move in a month. The Missouri missionaries will be happy though. This week should be good! JS History 1:16-17 I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. It no sooner appeared than I found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—“This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!” Love, Elder Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment