Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2015

Hi family! Last week on preparation day we agreed to help a returning less active family (Deleons) move apartments, they only moved across the complex but needed a few extra hands. So us and a few other missionaries were helping (everyone got into services clothes except me and another Elder (Cox) well we were moving a couch together across the parking lot and in our quest to talk to every one we saw a man in his 30-ish pushing a walker, we couldn't really stop and have a gospel discussion because our hands were full so we dropped off the couch and went back and started talking to who we thought was Harry. We taught him a little bit and he seemed really interested in the gospel but was having a hard time talking, he had a stroke and his head is bulged out, well we set up an appointment and when we went by he was actually waiting for us! Turns out his name is actually Eric. He is from Micronesia and lives with his sister and her husband and their 11 month old baby. Their names are Kenna and Ben. Well we had a good visit and the 3 of them plus the baby came to church yesterday! They loved it and stayed for all 3 hours. We have been praying for families so has been neat. Erick wants to be baptized on Feb 7th and we hope to help Ben and Kenna gain a testimony so they can be baptized as well! They are very prepared. We aren't really supposed to do service on Preparation day but I am glad we did last week and that things happen on the lord’s time and on his plans. My companion got sick and stayed in bed literally ALL day Tuesday. I was going to pull my hair out being inside all day but I kept pretty busy, there's always things to do... New Year’s was good, I finished the Book of Mormon New year’s eve! I had to stay up 5-ish extra minutes and speed read but I reached my goal! Reading Jesus the Christ these last few day has been great! I started it about a year ago and this time I have already got so much more out of it, probably from my gospel knowledge increase and spirituality growth over the last year. On New Year’s Day we had our multi-zone activity. It went well, played sports and had movies and games going. Everyone seemed to have a fun time, it was a little stressful planning but all was good. We had MLC on Friday, it was good, and the things we talked about were great to help us address the needs we have right now. One cool thing was that if we want more faith be more obedient and vice-versa. We found another part member family this week and they are nice, they are native. If we can get them to church I think things will really start rolling. We had quite a few good lessons and hopefully this we will be better since the Holiday have passed. D&C 45:3-5 Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him— Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified; Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life. Too Father, Christ is pleading for our cause, that's always something we should remember along with Mosiah 4:10 if you believe all these things see that ye do them. Love, Elder Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment