Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014

Last Wednesday we had our mission conference with Elder Lawrence, it was so good! In the morning Sister Lawrence spoke, she talked about the house of Israel and what that means, the Abrahamic covenant, and the scattering and gathering of Israel, the word "elect". It was super good, I don't know that I have ever learned so much in such little time. Then Elder Lawrence talked about how we can have a better mission "culture" and it was really good as well. I think everyone wants to do better and do more. This weekend was the Phoenix Temple dedication, sadly that meant no investigators could be at church but it was good. President Monson is getting super old, I think in the next 10 years there will be a lot of change in the leadership (apostles) of the church. Not too much other stuff happened that is out of the ordinary, went on exchanges, my bike got stolen on exchanges but that's ok cause we have the van, had a few good lessons- one with Kyle, he is still progressing and doing good, he doesn't feel like he knows enough yet to set a baptism date but that's alright cause he's still brand new to it all. We read the book of Mormon quite a bit last week for our lessons with people to help make sure they read and understand what they read and all that. We have done a little service lately, helped a less active move, got our neighbor a couch, helped a catholic lady move boxes, a few other things. 1 Nephi 17:13 And I will also be your light in the wilderness (world); and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land (temple or heaven); and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led. Anyways, sorry this letter isn't any longer Mom! Love, Elder Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment