Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014

Big news!! So China finally agreed to letting the missionaries into their country and I have been selected as one to "pioneer" the China Mission!!! I will probably be going over in like a month! Just kidding! Since I barely talked to you on Wednesday so this letter may be a bit shorter. We went and saw Elder Judd’s grandparents, the Goodwin’s. They were very nice to us and his step grandma said no when we asked if we could teach the lessons to them but I think they will let us anyways, we have lots of ideas :) They of course want to see him often and hear him speak in church, say he needs "practice" teaching the lessons, stuff like that and eternal family's will hit home. Levi had an interview and it went pretty well, now it is just kind of the waiting process for the First Presidency to send the OK and 2 months really isn't bad at all. It was kinda cool cause in a lesson with them on Friday he said well I’m doing the stuff you have asked me to do so far but I feel like it hasn't been long enough for me to have "proven myself" to myself that I can live this and do this. So the two months should help see he can do this and live this life. We were able to give quite a few blessings this week; I love blessings and being able to see the priesthood involved in everyone. I will tell you a couple of the stories. We went to see a couple, the tuckers, nonmembers, she opened the door said my husband says were catholic and you can’t come in, then she got talking to us anyways and her dog had just died so instead of us going in she talked to us on the doorstep and we ended up giving her a blessing and she said she felt a lot better after it. It was neat. The best part was at the end she said next time my neighbor (neighbors are members) invites us to church i think i want to come! :) We went to see another nonmember couple who we saw once before and she said she was feeling really sick that day and gave her a blessing and they said they would come to church... but weren’t there on Sunday. We are still teaching Sky and Katelynn and there still going thru the custody battle. Please pray their mothers heart will be softened and they will be able to be baptized. Also we are still teaching Gwen we had a lesson on Saturday and went on a hike; we related all the things on the trail to things in the gospel. Please also pray she will have a desire to be baptized! Elder Judd is doing well; he's catching on quick and is become a great missionary! Scripture! Matt 5:14-16 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. I love you have a good week! Elder Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment